Subscribe via RSS

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Home Office Upgrades

Best Buy was having a sale on the monitor that I've been using for my main machine. Naturally, I took this as a sign that I should add yet another monitor to my desk.


What is not shown in this picture is the new end table that I bought for my printer/scanner. This was essential for two reasons: 1. My desk violently shook every time I printed something. 2. The addition of the new monitor left little room for it on my desk. It is now sitting to the right side of me as I type this out. It also doubles as a coffee and water holder.

Side notes:

While I was at Best Buy, I got to play with some new tech toys. My first mission while there was to check out the Nintendo 3DS. Even though they didn't have a kiosk, the associates unboxed one for me and I got to hold it in my hands and test out the 3D affect. More on this will come in a future Lockergnome post. I also got to check out the Motorola Xoom and the iPad 2. It's a pity that the Xoom was in a back corner while the iPad 2 was prominently perched in front of the Apple department. I believe this device rivals the iPad in fluidity of both hardware and software. The price point and the fact that it doesn't come from Apple will doom this product to forever live in the shadow of Steve Jobs' empire, though. What a shame.

0 comments: